Custom Yarns Blog

An online community linking knitting and fiber arts enthusiasts world-wide!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Yarn Harlot Brings Sunshine To A Rainy Day


Yesterday I had the pleasure of hearing The Yarn Harlot speak in Philadephia for the Free Library's Book Fair event. It rained........ oh, how it rained. Doesn't matter, I would have gone to hear Stephanie Pearl- McPhee if there were 6 inches of snow on the ground!


She is so delightful, funny, compassionate, charming and dedicated to her craft. I purchased her newest book " Things I learned From Knitting...whether I wanted to or not" and can't wait to get started.


Of course the room was filled with knitters and crocheters, that goes without saying. What surprised me was how many people were knitting socks. Maybe because sock knitting is so portable. Second to sock knitting was lace knitting. The shawls that I saw in progress were beautiful beyond description.


I've never been into sock knitting and let that get in the way of offering sock yarns for my customers. After so many requests, I finally ordered Soxie and Silky Socks from Great Adirondack Yarns. When I opened the box and saw these hand dyed beauties, I asked myself " where have you been all my life"! My customers just love them.


Then I discovered Oasis yarns ( http://www.oasisyarns.com/) and began offering their sock yarn. Wow! Are they popular! One yarn in particular, " Faded Valentine" seems to be one we can't keep in stock. Great for lace knitting and sock knitting. The color, the textures......... see if you don't agree!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home