Custom Yarns Blog

An online community linking knitting and fiber arts enthusiasts world-wide!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Has This Ever Happened To You?

It seems like my knitting life goes from one extreme to the other......... All at once I know several projects I HAVE to make. At the moment, I have a ribbon shawl, a baby blanket, the Zimmerman Surprise Jacket, several summer placemats and a freeform purse just begging to be started.

I spend time thinking about the yarns I'll use, what the finished product will look like, and if it is a gift, how the recipient will use it. My fingers itch wanting to touch these new yarns and gorgeous colors.

Then suddenly, I get into a slump and don't want to be knitting anything. A slump never lasts long, like a month or so. Sometimes, it's just a week and in that week nothing I see says " I have to do it."

For what ever reason, it may be seeing a new yarn or a gorgeous photo of a finished garment that someone has lovingly made and placed on Ravelry, my enthusiasm returns, the slump is over, and I am knitting up a storm. Curious to know if anyone else experiences the slump?

1 Comments:

At 8:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Suffer from a variety of knitter's "diseases" -- WAY more yarns than I can ever use in a lifetime, several drawers of projects all knitted up but not put together, and a horrible case of the "gotta have it" every time I get a newsletter from Linda. am hopelessly doomed. Linda has a terrific selection of beautiful yarns, some hard to locate elsewhere, and exquisite custom blends. Oh, and did I mention the great selection of yarns on sale. It has gotten so bad that Linda has become a friend, unfortunately an expensive one!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home